Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Faux Stitching Challenge !

I've actually amazed myself at making this card so quickly! My friend Vic set our weekly challenge to make a card to include some type of stiching on it whether it be hand stitched or faux stitched. I've been thinking about it all day today at work and then on the drive home and this is what I've come up with. I cut a template for the pocket and then inked it with Adirondack Stonewashed and Denim. then I stamped the rose from the new Elusive Images Harlequin set in Denim too. The stitching on the pocket is hand drawn with a LePlume pen, mounted onto some navy card and 2 large brads added. The ribbon is from the collection I picked up from the NEC and was perfect for this challenge. I've added 2 or 3 drops of Glossy Accents to (hopefully) look like drops on the rose.

Well because I've done that in record time, I've still got time to play around with something else before Mistresses starts at 9PM. It's the last one in the series tonight so I can't miss it !

Thanks for looking
Sue

1 comment:

  1. Get you speedy pants - put me to shame, I've not even thought about mine yet!

    Love the card and I can see the drops on the rose, nice touch.

    Can't wait to go stash shopping next Saturday
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!