Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Happy Birthday Vic !!

Apologies for the photo I really do need to get to grips with a better way of taking them. Any way today is the birthday of a really good friend........ Vic ! I made this card at the week end but for obvious reasons couldn't share it until today as I know she checks my blog. By the way if you want to check out Vic's blog click here.

The background stamp was from a set of Inkadinkado stamps which I stamped in Versamagic Mango Madness. I added extra ink around the edges of the stamp to give it some dimension. The huge flower is a Squash flower, I bought a pack of them from a local craft store and this is the first time I've used one. It didn't look quite right without something in the middle so I stuck a button from a set of Blonde Moments buttons in the middle. The tag is cut with my Cricut machine using the tags, bags & boxes cartridge, which I then
inked around the edge with the Mango Madness ink( isn't it a great name!). I stamped the flower onto some shrink plastic in the same ink, cut it out and then shrunk it ! I am fascinated with shrink plastic, I think it's wonderful stuff. The ribbon is just a scrap piece from my bundle of ribbons.

The weather has been gorgeous here today, I couldn't believe the temperature when I saw it in the car. I think spring has definitely sprung ! I actually ventured into the garden when I got in from work. I didn't stay long mind, as it's a bit of a jungle at the moment, and you don't need to get too carried away !

Thanks for looking.
Sue

1 comment:

  1. I love my card tahnks Sue, it's brightening up my living room right now.

    I ventured into my garden too but got chased back in by a huge queen bee looking for a new home...eeek

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!