Thursday, 16 April 2009

Blue Sky Thinking !

Well if you only knew the fun I had trying to take a photo tonight ! Talk about photo studio needed! Any way got there in the end with the help of a tripod and my partner, who's a whiz with any thing photographic !

So tonight's card was inspired by the Splitcoast Stamper newsletter that was waiting from me in my email inbox. The technique was 'sponged sky' and it was so simple, I love it ! All you do is take a small sponge and dab onto an ink pad, I used Adirondack Stonewashed, take off the excess ink then, in circular motions, rub the ink onto your card. Make sure you leave some white bits so it looks like the sky. I then stamped the flower with Versamagic ink, the stamp is from an Inkadinkado set. The sentiment is from a Personal Impressions set which I bought on a recent shopping trip which I stamped in Adirondack Denim. The ribbon I picked up from a local craft shop and I love it. Bizarrely enough I didn't realise it was double sided until I got it home....bonus ! The stitching is done with a Sakura white Souffle pen and the gems were added...well just because you have to have a bit of sparkle don't you !

I've been given an award for my blog, which I am really pleased about. The problem is I need to work out what to do with it ! I promise I'll post it over the week end once I've figured it out!

Well it's been a really grey,wet and windy day today. Definitely NOT a day for going to work, but a day for staying in my craft room. I was a little disappointed today as I made a little purchase last week and had hoped it would be here by now, never mind it will be something to look forward to and I promise I will share.

Well I think a cup of tea is calling me and a stretch out on the sofa as my back is still not very happy sitting at my craft table.

Thanks for dropping by.
Sue

1 comment:

  1. ooh this makes me think of sunflowers and makes me smile lots. Fabbo.

    Did you bunk off work yesterday then or was it wishful thinking to be in your craftroom instead?

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!