Tuesday, 14 April 2009

I'm back.......and in the pink !

Well we've had an absolutley beautiful week end in Dorset. The cottage we stayed in was really quaint, the best part was the massive conservatory that was the lounge where you could watch the birds and the surrounding countryside. There's nothing like a week end away to make you realise that your craft room needs tidying, or I just need a larger room !

The above card was made with 2 little Papermania stamps I picked up on my shopping trip with my friend Vic. I stamped the cake with Brilliance ink and then sprinkled it with clear EP. The result made it look a little textured. I then used my watercolour pencils to colour the icing layer of the cake. I then used my circle and scallop Nestabilities and drew on some hand stitching. I rubbed a brown Brilliance ink around the edges to give it some contrast. The piece of embossed card has been put through my Cuttlebug using the Divine Swirls embossing folder that has been inked on the inside with the same Brilliance ink and punched the edge. I stamped the candles and words in Versamagic ink onto some Basic Grey paper from the Two Scoops set.

I am now on a mission to find some (cheap) shelving for my craft room as enough is enough of moving my 'piles' from one place to another. I just seem to be picking up little bits of craft stuff here and there and they just stay on my work table. I will soon be down to the size of a postage stamp to work on ! We saw some absolutley amazing houses while we were away, and we'd mentally moved in and set up my craft 'studio'. It's good job you can still dream !

Thanks for looking.
Sue

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Mrs - missed you. Fab card, love the faux stitching and edging - looks great.

    Don't you even think about relocating to Dorset - who would I go shopping with if you disappeared? I've told you before, get that Garage converted, or cheaper still, you two move into your craftroom and relocate the craftroom to the bedroom! ha, ha!

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!