Monday, 20 April 2009

Watercolour !

The inspiration for this card came from the Tanda Stamps - Tanda Teaser where the challenge was watercolour. The stamp is one I was given for Christmas a couple of years ago and is a Serendipity stamp called Spring in Provence. I absolutely love these stamps and have dug them all out and will be having a play with them over the next few days. So for this card I stamped the image in black Stazon and then did a pale brown wash over the image using my watercolour pencils. I then painted the image with the same pencils, tore the bottom edge and wiped a Sepia Archival ink around the edge. The paper is by Graphic 45 and I stamped the text stamp 'For love of Art' along the edge in the Sepia ink. The brown paper is Basic Grey and it's all mounted onto Bazill card. I added two brad levers to add some interest, and the ribbon was a donation from my friend Vic.

I really enjoyed making this card I love painting, I find it very theraputic. It's been an absolutely gorgeous day again and we lit the barbecue tonight. The first of many hopefully! Ashes to Ashes is on now so it's time to put my feet up with a cuppa.

Thanks for looking.
Sue 

2 comments:

  1. Love the soft colour tones on this one and the water colouring. top layout Mrs.

    Very jealous of the BBQ scenario, ours hasn't seen the light of day for 3 yeasrs and I love love love them. In fact been craving a huge BBQ'd burger for days now!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Sue, I have that stamp too and totally love it! Thanks for joining in with our challenge, hope to see many more of your beautiful cards in future challenges!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!