Saturday, 16 May 2009

Finished article !

So this is what I ended up with, which I suppose isn't too far from what I was thinking. I tore the edges of the watercolour paper and then inked it with Sepia Archival Ink, and just added a little more on the edge. I cut the edges of the background paper with a pair of deckle scissors and than ran the sepia ink around that too. The sentiment is a peel off that I coloured with a brown peel off pen. The bottle top is from a bottle of Cava that we had recently and I put the top in my craft room thinking it may come in useful ! I dabbed some alcohol ink onto it so it wasn't too shiny and flattened it out a little.Brads and ribbon added for interest. I have to say I'm really impressed with the Faber Pitt pens, I think they will get a quite alot of use.

Well my neck has eased up quite alot over night so I'm going to strike while the iron is hot and do some more crafting. I've got the house to myself my other half is at work today, so no distractions ! I had to make a small purchase of some vintage stamps from the local craft shop on my way back from town so I think they need to be played with this afternoon !

Thanks for looking.
Sue

1 comment:

  1. ooh very good. The pens look very similar to copics. My typing is a little hit and miss here as getting used to a laptop keyboard and no mouse! Still means I can blog in the evenings when Zac in bed without disturbing him.

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!