Saturday, 30 May 2009

Mum's Birthday

It's my Mum's birthday tomorrow and I've made this card for her. I'm pretty certain she won't see it before the big day as she doesn't have a PC. The flower stamp is a free stamp I got with the Craft Stamper magazine a few months ago. I stamped it in black Stazon onto watercolour paper once, then stamped it onto a post it note. I then cut out the flower on the post it note and stuck it over the top of the already stamped flower. I then stamped the flower slightly overlapping the post it note flower. This gives the impression of the flower being behind the front flower. I did this several times to give a bowl full of flowers. I then painted them using my watercolour pencils, which are one of my favourite items in my craft room. I used some white Smooch to highlight the centre of the flowers and some of the dots. The bowl I made by drawing round the small bowl from our food mixer and cutting a straight edge at the bottom. I then covered this with some Basic Grey paper and added a ribbon and bow. The tag for the sentiment is also cut from watercolour paper and coloured with watercolour pencils. The flowers and bowl are then mounted onto Basic Grey paper and Bazill card. The pearls were coloured with a peel off pen as was the sentiment.

Well what a beautiful day it is today ! I'm keeping everything crossed that it will stick around for a few days. We're all off out tomorrow for a birthday pic nic with my Mum so the weather has changed just at the right time.

Thanks for looking.
Sue

2 comments:

  1. OOh your Mum is going to love this one Sue, what a gorgeous creation. Nice technique with the stamping, not seen you do this for a while.

    Hope weather stays fab for you, I'm sure it will. Have a great time tomorrow

    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey the sun shone!

    Hope you had a beautiful day

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!