Sunday, 10 May 2009

Tanda Teaser ' Cracking up' !

This is my card for the Tanda Teaser challenge this week called 'Cracking up'. I didn't have a crackle stamp or any crackle glaze so I'm hoping that this will fit the bill. I started with a plain piece of white card which I chalked with a set of All Night Media chalks then I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist - Coffee Shop. I stamped the images in black Stazon ink, which were from the Elusive Images set called Paris Secrets. Then I put a piece of HeatnBond iron on adhesive over the top and heated it with my heat gun. This is a technique that I learnt at a workshop I did with Sheila Oliver aka Manicstamper. When it's heated the webbing shrinks to the card and also wraps itself quite nicely around the edge. I then put some Perfect Pearls on top and heated it again. The webbing sucks in the colour and gives it a lovely sheen. I wanted it to look a little more aged so I sprayed it again with the Coffe Shop Glimmer Mist and used a small paint brush to work it into the holes of the webbing. I chalked the background of the main image with chalks then stamped the image in black Stazon. I sprayed some Medici Mixed Media in Wedgewood onto a scrap piece of card then used it as a watercolour for the sky. The edges were torn then I sprayed the image with Gold Glimmer Mist and while it was still wet I went around the edge with some Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist on a paint brush. The script paper was torn and edged with Espresso alcohol ink.

I have to say this card has taken me ages to do but I've loved every second of it !

It's been quite a lovely day here, not at all what the forecast said on the TV last night. I've also had some quality time in my craft room which has been a real pleasure.

Thanks for looking.
Sue

3 comments:

  1. Wow - talk about putting in some effort! Not surprised it took you ages. Glad you had some quality time in your craft room. I'm looking forward to that as the wedding work starts to ease off!

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piece in the craft room?!?!! Perhaps that's my next step too :) Please remember you are a talented person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Sue and well worth the effort! Thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser this week, look forward to seeing what you do next week!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!