Sunday, 17 May 2009

Z card challenge !

This week over on the Tanda Teaser the challenge was to make a Z card. So after some investigation and a little bit of experimentation this is what I came up with. I decided that it needed something better than an envelope so I made the above box for it too.
The stamps are a set I picked up yesterday from a local craft shop. They are a set of vintage stamps by TJ Designs. The images are absolutely delicious and I've only used one or two on this card so plenty more to go at. The main image was stamped in Timber brown Stazon ink and cut out with the square Nestabilites and mounted onto a scalloped square which I cut from watercolour paper and sprayed with Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist. The other images are stamped with my favourite ink pad the Archival Sepia. I grunged a little of the Sepia ink over the card and rubbed it along the punched edge. The punch is by Martha Stewart and I put the brown peel off pen into the larger of the two holes and the ink was literally sucked into the card.

The flowers were punched from some Bazill card I picked up yesterday too, it doesn't show up too well on the photo but it has raised dots all over it. The pearl in the middle was actually white but I coloured it with the brown peel off pen so it would blend in. The words on the inside were stamped with the Habico clear alphabet stamps again in Archival Sepia ink and I also added a swirl from the Basic Grey Two Scoops set of stamps. I have to admit I wasn't sure when I started this card but I'm really pleased with the end product !
Well the weather here today has been absolutely awful so we've not done a great deal. We had to make a quick dash to the 'tip' to get rid of some rubbish from the garage as our new kitchen is being delivered on Tuesday. Boy am I looking forward to the next couple of weeks (not!). I'm thinking that the chip shop and local take away and of course my Mum will be seeing alot of us !
Thanks for looking
Sue


5 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, thanks for joining in with the tanda teaser challenge again...your card is lovely!

    You were asking about how to link your blog to the comments...I picked this up from Glenda over at Graphicus..... you need to type the following....

    ..your text.... eg...
    Great Challenge, you can see my entry herethe exclamation marks are required and you must have a space between the a and the h of a href=

    took me a while to work out but I got it eventually! Good luck
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooophs sorry that didn't work and I have no idea where that here is going to take you!....so my best advice is to go over to the Graphicus blog...check out the instructions for Glenda's challenges but note the space mentioned above!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sue. The coloured holes look just like you've gone to the trouble with eyelets on the photo. The box is just perfect, did you get the measurements right first time?

    I'll email you instructions to do above linking in a bit

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue yours is a lovely card so glad to have found my way here.

    by the way to set a link in a comment start with a < everything you write inside is part of the html code so i'll just do this without the back arrow
    a href="http://and now the site address yours would be stampingsuestyle.blogspot.com/"and a forward arrow now the words you want to show the link a back arrow &/a and close it with another back arrow.

    You can copy and paste but sometimes the intuitive html adds extra backarrows and stuff and stuff. hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really stunning - love it! Thanks for joining the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!