Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Back in action !

This card is for my partner's parents as it's their Golden Wedding Anniversary on Saturday. I started this card quite some weeks ago but kept changing my mind on what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to include the date but couldn't come up with any thing I was happy with. While I was messing around on Publisher inspiration struck! I chose a shape and added the date and 'voila' ! The rose is from an Elusive Images set as is the border stamp. I stamped the border with Versamark and then brushed some gold Perfect Pearls over the top. The rose was painted with H2Os and the edge of the card was run round with a gold metallic pen. The gold card was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and the decorative edge is created using a Martha Stewart punch. The two tags are also printed from Publisher and I put an eyelet in both so that they would thread onto the ribbon easily. I'm quite pleased with this in the end, just need to make one more, but I'd better get my skates on being as the date is now only a couple of days away !

I wish this weather would make up it's mind, it was lovely and warm and sunny yesterday and then today it's windy and wet ! I would be quite happy, in a strange sort of way, if it was rainy for a few days as I've had a parcel delivery today and need time to have a play ! Mind you the kitchen is still staring at us so I'm going to have to do some juggling to fit it all in !

Thanks for looking
Sue

2 comments:

  1. oooh lovely, for a minute I thought you'd bought yourself a ticket punch! Well done for getting the same effect in publisher and using sisscorst he old fashioned way!

    Love the layout and the hanging tags, looks great.

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card your parents must be thrilled it is just such a special tribute.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!