Saturday, 13 June 2009

Tanda Teaser ' Beautiful Butterflies'

This card is for the Tanda Teaser this week called Beautiful Butterflies. The challenge is to make a card that features a butterfly on it. I loved this challenge as I love using butterflies on my cards. The background card was a piece of scrap that I'd brayered for another project but the colour caught my eye and thought it would be perfect with the Fantasy Film I wanted to use. I started by having a disaster though; I inked my stamp, put the Fantasy Film on top and then the vellum to protect the iron................what I'd completely forgotten was that clear stamps aren't as tough as the rubber ones and my beautiful butterfly stuck to the film and melted ! However, I wanted the background to look faint and not perfect and the damaged stamp worked a treat ! I even managed to scrape off the plastic from the film and still use the butterfly. The other stamp I used on the background is an old one from All Night Media that I picked up in a sale years ago. The main image is from the TJ Designs Vintage Collage set which I stamped onto another cut off of the brayered card. I swiped round the edge of the background and the main image with Caramel Adirondack. Everything was then mounted on to plain black card and a piece of dotty Bazill card was used on the side. The butterfly was attached with Glossy Accents ( I don't know what I'd do without this stuff !) and the dots are from a peel off sheet. I shall now have to go in search of a new butterfly stamp to replace the one I've ruined !
As we only got back off our holiday yesterday I thought I'd share just a couple of photo's of where we were. The above is the beautiful cottage we stayed in just outside a little village called Durrus in Southern Ireland and below is the wonderful view that we looked at all week. The weather was very kind as the forecast was blummin' awful !

Unfortunately, no little fairies had been in while we were away so the kitchen is still looking like a disaster zone ! I took the last of the tiles off today and tomorrow the new sink is going in. I shall be soooo glad when we're finished !
I'm going to do some blog hopping now as I've got a whole week of creations to catch up on.
Thanks for looking.
Sue


4 comments:

  1. Very sorry to hear about your stamp the butterfly is lovely hope you can soon replace it. the card is really really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sue, sorry to hear about the stamp....that's the kind of thing I'd do! Thanks for joining in with our challenge again this week.
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue - so sorry to hear about the unique death of your butterfly stamp! I'll email you link to buy a new one

    Didn't stop you making another fab card though. Glad you're back, missed you loads

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is lovely and the disaster certainly doesn't show on the card. Think of it as an opportunity to shop. It will make you feel much better about it.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!