Monday, 22 June 2009

Tanda Teaser 'Oh Daddy'

I've wanted to have a go at one of these Tri-shutter cards since I saw it on The Craftiblog. It's taken some working out as my card isn't quite the same size but I've got there in the end. This is something that I've made for the Tanda Teaser challenge this week. The challenge was to make a Father's Day card or a card for a man, as I'd already done a FD card I opted for a card for a man. The papers are Basic Grey and the Penny Farthing and the old motorbike are from Tanda Stamps and the last image is a stamp I bought at the NEC a few years back. The background to all of the stamped images is brayered using Adirondack Butterscotch and Lettuce, I've stamped used Midnight Blue Stazon and then sponged Denim Adirondack ink around the edge. I then sponged some Butterscotch ink onto some shrink plastic and stamped the images in the Midnight Blue Stazon. I've highlighted the centre dots on the circles paper with Glossy Accents, added some cream brads and stapled some ribbon. The stickers are from K&Co Life's Journey set and the sentiment is silver peel offs that I've coloured with a blue peel off pen.
This photo is an 'aerial' view just so you can see all of the panels. For a first time I'm quite pleased, I think this style card could feature again some time soon !
Well where did that week end go to ! The Golden Wedding 'do' went off OK, and my cards were well received ! Big drum roll please......we now have a working sink ! You wouldn't believe how nice it was to wash up, I never thought I would hear myself say that !
Time for some blog hopping now me thinks.
Thanks for looking.
Sue

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome and incredible piece of work. Visiting your blog have come to realise that you are the mistress of detail but this takes it to a whole new level. Congratulations on a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, that is fabulous. I think I shall have to have a go at that myself trishutter myself. Thanks for joining in again this week.
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work Sue - I have been looking at this fold of card, not tried it yet. You did a fab job - thanks for joining th TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazing, it looks so fab and great to see something 'technical' looking for a fella!! Love it!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!