Monday, 20 July 2009

Loads of flowers !

I came across this tutorial for a Gate fold or Tri fold card and thought I would give it a go. The large flower in the centre is stamped with black Stazon onto card that has been brayered with Adirondack - Caramel, Butterscotch and Cranberry. I then traced around the stamp itself as it was a perfect shape to cut out. The 'shabby' flowers are made from Mulberry paper which I've cut loads of using a Cuttlebug flowers die and then wet the edges so I could make the edges look 'tatty'. I then stuck a button in the centre and sewed some thread through. The ribbon is stuck with double sided tape across the back of the card and then the punched flowers were stuck to the front of the ribbon and some gems added to the centre. The corners are gold peels offs that I've coloured with an orange peel off pen. The small flowers at the edges of the front panels are from the same stamp set as the large flower, which is the Inkadinkado set by Brenda Walton.

The panel inside the card is another piece of card that has been brayered with the same Adirondack inks and then I've stamped the small flowers and the butterfly from the same set of stamps. The sentiment is from a Papermania set of stamps that I bought at the week end. I can tell they're going to be really useful !
I have to admit this card turned out alot better than I thought, I really love it when you start out with a vague idea and it takes shape as you go along.
Well today has to be the first day in over a week I've not got soaked either going to or coming from work. I am, unfortunately, reliably informed it's not going to last. Don't you just love British summers.
Thanks for looking.
Sue

3 comments:

  1. ooh Sue, what a beautiful card! I love the colours too! What a great fold youve used also, Id love to give that a try also!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh Sue this is beautiful, well done you. Loving the colours you've used, very rich and scrummy.

    See you Thursday!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, fabulous gate-fold card. Need the bright colours in this nasty weather! Kim

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!