Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Monochrome Dragon Fly

The colour of this ribbon inspired me to do a monochrome card tonight. The main image is the free stamp that arrived today on the front of the August Craft Stamper magazine. I'd already cut the card I stamped it onto a few days ago but couldn't decide what to do with it. I saw the idea a couple of weeks ago but can't remember where but while doing a bit of a blog hopping tonight I found this tutorial on istamp blog. I've not had time to work out how to layer it but it is on my list of things to do. The swirls are made from the Sizzlit Scribbles die which I've cut two and then placed them behind the bottom layer of card. The sentiment I am really proud of as it's the first time I've used my Doodlebug rub ons ! I've then cut it out with the smallest Nestability Labels One and stamped the swirl in Slate Adirondack ink beneath it.
I wanted to do some more detail on this card but to be honest if I don't get out of my craft room pretty soon there will be a mushy mess on the floor where I should be sitting as I will have melted ! I know we shouldn't moan, but if I was by a pool in the South of France I wouldn't be! Off for a cool drink now and a bit of TV.
Thanks for looking.
Sue

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous Sue, and you've used Doodlebug rub ons! They look fab. I must learn how to make those layers with the border punch, you may have inspired me yet again!

    Vic
    xx

    ps so glad you didn't get stuck on the MI again yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a really lovely card, I just love monochrome! Those rubons should come with a health warning as theyre addictive!!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!