Saturday, 25 July 2009

Pink !!

My really good friend Vic has given me this award, which I feel really honoured to have. I would like to pass this award on to Sheila, Keryn and Sarita. Check out their blogs as they really are fab !
So I'm back with the problem of working with pink again ! I've been asked to make a card for a little girls 1st birthday so pink was the obvious choice ! The paper is Basic Grey and the pink card is Bazill card which I've put through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and punched with a Fiskars edge punch. The swirls are cut from Basic Grey paper with a Sizzlit die and the letters are cut using the Cuttlebug alphabet set Olivia. I've added a gem for a little sparkle and also some stickles on the number one.
Now you may be wondering what didn't dry in time for me to post this card last night. Well I had a chipboard number which I painted with H20's then covered with Glossy Accents. Unfortunately, when it dried it looked almost flourescent ! So it has been consigned to the bin !
We've had a really lovely day today as we've been out and about looking for canal junctions ! It may sound strange but my other half is in to photography and is looking for some shots to submit to some magazines. We managed to have lunch out, which was a bonus !
Thanks for looking.
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Sue.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm pink - yum! Love it. What a shame the chipboard number didn't work - was it like the ones you made for Zac's door plaque?

    Love the card, fab composition. Hope lunch was lovely

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for thinking of me Sue, ans well done for receiving it yourself!
    LOVE your card and hope you had a great lunch,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new award Sue! What a stylish award it is too! I love the texture on this card and the gorgeous little swirls - must investigate further! Thank you so much firstly for putting me onto Sheila as her blog is simply stunning! Secondly for thinking of me to forward this to, I am really pleased and honoured, thank you Sue very much ;)
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!