Monday, 13 July 2009

Birthday girl

This is the card that I was going to use for the Pro Marker challenge this week, which was to use the colours Cocoa and Cornflower. Unfortunately, I've just realised that there was a sketch attached to the challenge which I didn't see until after I'd made the card. However, the colours did inspire me to make this card which I've used for a friend's sister's birthday card. The flowers were stamped with Memento black ink then they were shaded with the following colours; Pastel Blue, Blue Pearl, Cornflower, and China Blue. I stamped 3 onto the background card and then cut out three further flowers and layered them on top. The pearls are coloured with the Cornflower Pro Marker and stuck on the centre of the flowers. The bowl is a freehand drawn shape that has been shaded with Sandstone, Cinnamon and Cocoa. I then stamped over the top with a Personal Impressions stamp with black Memento ink. I edged the white card with the Cornflower Pro Marker and layered it onto the Basic Grey paper. The lace paper strip is made from a Fiskars edge punch; I cut a 3cm wide strip of white card and then edged both sides with the punch. The sentiment is made from black peel offs plus the word Sister, which was a silver peel off, I coloured with a black peel off pen.

Well the start of another week, and it's still raining and the forecast is not good either. I want to know where the 'barbecue summer' has gone !

Thanks for looking.
Sue

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the bowl of flowers!! :) Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :)

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card thanks for joining us this week at pfp
    hugs
    helen x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!