Thursday, 2 July 2009

Sugar Nellie Fragile Beauty


Well I've braved my craft room again this evening, it's still verging on the unbearable so I shall be vacating it very shortly ! The main image on this card is, as the title, Sugar Nellie - Fragile Beauty. I stamped her in black Memento ink and then shaded her with Pro Markers. The corners are punched with my new purchase which arrived today. I've wanted one of these punches for as long as I can remember and then my friend Vic spotted it on the internet, so I made the purchase but it would have been rude just to have bought this one punch so I also bought the Fiskars edge punch which I 've used on this card too. The ribbon just happened to jump into the basket as well....lol....I made the background using a free stencil from the Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine which I used my Versamark pen and then my pearlescent chalks. I rather like the fuzzy effect that you get.
We had a barbecue tonight and as always I bought way too much, fortunately we had the sense not to cook it all so there's plenty left for tomorrow. Just hope the weather doesn't break before we get chance to have another BBQ and eat it !
Thanks for looking
Sue

1 comment:

  1. Well I hope this comment doesnt find you a puddle on the floor!? I did smile at the craft goodies flying into your basket!! Funny that, it happens down here in Southampton too! I thought it was something to do with the sea breeze!! Your card is beautiful, I love the citrussy (I make up my own words you see!) look of it and as for the border punched edge - wow! I want one now!! Your background is really effective, must give that a try!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!