Friday, 3 July 2009

Tanda Teaser 'Iconic Image'

This is my card for the Tanda Teaser this week which was, to be inspired to make a card by an iconic image. I bought this stamp at a local craft shop from their bargain basket and thought that it would fit the bill. It's the first time I've used it and even though I say so myself, I'm really pleased with the way the card has turned out. First of all I 'splodged' lots of different reds and oranges from my H2O's onto a sheet of plastic from an old Cricut mat then 'swooshed' some white card over it. Then I 'splodged' some more H2O's onto the plastic this time in dark purple colours. I then dabbed the card onto the paint this time and the result was gorgeous ! When the paint was dry I stamped the image with black Stazon and then to highlight it I used some neat bleach on a paint brush. The papers are from my wonderful box of Basic Grey papers and the embellishments are a Sizzix Sizzlit die called Scribbles Swirls which I've cut out of Basic Grey paper and then run a gold metallic ink pen around the edge and stuck on some gold gems with glossy Accents. The photo doesn't really do it justice as I've had trouble getting the true colours to show up but I think you'll get the idea.


The reason I'm posting earlier today is that I decided to take this afternoon off from work. So I left the office at 12PM, arrive home at 1PM had a quick lunch, put the tennis on in the background and headed for my craft room. What a lovely afternoon I've had ! Hence the more elaborate card too :-) Pity I can't do this every day !
Thanks for looking
Sue

4 comments:

  1. swooshing! Fab terminology. Just ahd a peak at the last few cards you've made - very gorgeous indeed. Glad you could get the afternoon off, hope you've relaxed.

    I may get one more card on my blog if I'm lucky - but not today, far too sleepy. Just having a quick hop whil emum makes me a butty!

    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue that is fabulous! the colours look beautifully rich in the photo so in real life it must be stunning!...Thanks for joining in with our challenge again
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Sue's comment about the colours and the bleach has really done its job outstanding image wonderful work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooooo Sue........that is fabulous. The colours are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!