Thursday, 16 July 2009

Tanda Teaser ' There be Dragons'

This is my card for the Tanda Teaser this week called 'There be Dragons'. The challenge was to make a card along a fantasy theme, to include dragons if you had them. So I went straight for my set of Tanda Stamps set called Dragons and Fantasy Set 3. Perfect ! I made a gate fold card and then stamped the dragons on to some Basic Grey paper in Midnight Blue Stazon ink. I used a corner punch and then wound some silver thread around the paper.
The image inside the card was from the same set of stamps which I stamped onto some acetate and then coloured on the reverse side with Sakura Permapaque pens and some white Smooch. The card that this was mounted onto is silver mirror card that I've 'splodged' alcohol inks onto. The acetate is attached to the mirror card with 4 brads, and then mounted onto some more silver mirror card and then some more Basic Grey paper.

Here's a close up of the image inside the card, he doesn't show up as well as I would have liked. I really enjoyed making this card. I love any thing to do with magicians and fantasy stories and actually, the book I'm reading at the moment by Christopher Paolini is along that very theme.
Well it's not stopped raining since I've come in from work, and there's alot more on the way apparently. Certainly shan't be getting the BBQ out this week end that's for sure. The pond is still nicely topped up problem is the weeds are getting the upper hand so I might have to dodge the showers to do battle with them !
Thanks for looking.
Sue


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous,the inside is so magical and mysterious as if it were the very spell itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background you created

    Have a great weekend and good luck battling the weeds - will be doing the same myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, that is fantastic! I really look forward to seeing your takes on our teasers, thanks for joining in and sharing your artwork with us!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mystical card, it really is stunning!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!