Sunday, 9 August 2009

Another baby....and it's a girl !

This is a card I've made for a lady from work. She had her baby on Thursday last week and celebrated her other babies first birthday the week before so she's certainly got her work cut out ! The main image is actually a freebie stamp that came with a Craft Stamper magazine. I've stamped it once onto the card and then again and clear embossed it and cut it out, mounting it on top of the first image with foam pads. Apologies, I don't know who the paper is by as it was a scrap piece I had left over. I've stamped the name - Isla May - in Pearlescent Orchid Brilliance ink and I also sponged the same ink around the image before I cut it out with a circle Nestability. I've hand drawn the stitching detail around the edge and then added some pearl hearts. This should have been a quick card but I just couldn't decided on how to add the name ! It's taken me hours !

So now I need to show you what I've been doing as well as making the above......
...this is the new unit that arrived on Friday for all of my inks. I've given it a couple of coats of stain and it was put up on the wall this afternoon. Isn't it marvellous ! It's made me realise I definitely need to buy some more inks but it's also given me so much room on my desk.

Plus the long awaited shelf has been put up too ! I'm now in the process of hanging up all of the bits that are floating around my room that need a home.


Check out the clear desk ! I don't know how long it will last but it sure looks good at the moment.
I also need to catch up on some Blog Awards that have been given to me. I'm going to do it as my first job tomorrow. All this tidying up has made me very tired....lol..... plus the walking up and down the tow path this morning while my other half was taking his photos. At least it stayed fine, so all in all a very good day, can't say it will be tomorrow !
Thanks for looking
Sue



1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Sue and what a great unit to take all of your inks! Such a tidy craft space, not at all like mine at the moment! I cant stand it when Ive tidied everything away then can never find a single thing!?
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!