Saturday, 1 August 2009

'B' is for ....

The inspiration for this card was the Colour Create challenge which was to use pink, orange and green. I'm not sure I've done the challenge completely right as I've also included the ribbon and the bazill card. The background was made by using the piece of card that I cut the Sizzix Scribbles from and I've sponged Adirondack inks - Butterscotch and Cranberry over it. The inks make a gorgeous orange colour and the pattern is wonderful. The main image is a Clarity Stamp which I've stamped in black Memento and shaded with Pro Markers. On the subject of Pro Markers if any one is looking to start collecting them Hobbycraft are selling them for less than £5 for a set of 5( courtesy of Sheila over at Manicstamper). I then sponged Lettuce Adirondack ink around the edge of the image and mounted it on to a scrap piece of card that I'd brayered previously. The letter is from a K & Co chipboard alphabet set.
The colours of this challenge really attracted me today as it's been so grey and wet I wanted to do something cheerful. I'm also getting quite scared that I'm leaning towards bright colours ! Must do something in sepia tomorrow ...lol....! I've been a very spoilt girl this week end as I've been treated to a new external hard drive for my lap top, so I can back up all of my work, and I've got the most wonderful piece of storage on order. I'll take a photo when it arrives, I'm so excited !
Thanks for looking
Sue

9 comments:

  1. Great, Sue! I think B is for Beautiful!!! Your card is beautifully crafted. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey what's wrong with bright you???? Hmm!!

    That image is really unusual and I like it. You have been spoilt - you didn't mention the HD when you told me about your storage!

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops - forgot to say I've left some things on my blog for you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun cheerful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, I love your card, B is definitely for beautiful!! The background mix of colours is so great, I would love to give that a try!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love this card Sue! The sponging around the image is superb; what a great effect that produces. A beautiful design. Great use of the challenge colours. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a VERY CUTE CARD. Like as in WOW!!! I love the design.

    Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge. janny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card great distressing fab effect!

    thanks for joining C.C this week

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!