Monday, 3 August 2009

Beside the seaside !

I really do feel the need to remind myself that it's summer, especially as I drove passed a pub tonight advertising bookings for Christmas parties ! I nearly crashed the car ...lol...!
So, the card I've made tonight is my submission to join the DT over on Bizzy Becs Creatalicious Challenge blog. There was a sketch to follow but the rest was up to me. I started by sponging Adirondack ink onto white card in Sandal, Stonewashed, Denim and Stream. I then stamped the star fish over the top with Stonewashed ink. The main image is a stamp from a Rubbadubbadoo set which I stamped on to white card in Denim, then cut out with a rectangle Nestability. I swiped the Denim ink around the edge to add definition. I then mounted it on toBazill card which was cut out with the next size up rectangle Nestability. The seagull was from the same set of stamps and was stamped in Denim on to white card then cut out and mounted onto foam pads, which you can see a little better in the below photo. The three shells were actually all on one stamp, so I masked the others so I could stamp them individually. I then used the smallest circle Nestability to cut them out and swiped round the edge with Denim ink. The 'Wish you were here' stamp is from a Tandastamps set and was just stamped onto the sponged card with Denim ink. The last thing to mention is the three eyelets added at the top.
I've tried to give you a different angle of the card so you can see how it is put together a little better. When I get myself organised I'm going to start and photograph cards as they are constructed as I know I'm always interested in how other people put their cards together. We all have our own little 'tricks of the trade'!
So now that I've got over the shock of seeing a Christmas advert, I suppose it's not really too early to be thinking about making cards for Christmas. Maybe next month ......
Thanks for looking
Sue

5 comments:

  1. a beautiful card.
    Thank you for entering my blog candy.. good luck. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ???? where did my comment go? I posted last night to say I think this is wonderful, love the stamping and the techniques. Good luck hun

    Vic
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is gorgeous.. I love the sea side theme.. Great take on the sketch.. Thanks for your entry to the Creatalicious DT Call.. Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic,beautiful images and love the sponging....great take on the sketch!!! Thanks for entering the Creatalicious DT challenge.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh have not been over for a couple of days and there has been an explosion of beautiful work! love the shell card just so well thought out. just lost for words but love it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!