Friday, 14 August 2009

Creatalicious Challenge no. 1

This is a card I started out making for my other half's birthday that is fast approaching, and then I saw that the first challenge had been set over on Creatalicious. The challenge being that as it's Father's Day over in Australia soon, to make a card for Dad but you have to include the colour brown and some metal on your card. Well I shall still give this card to my other half, but my Dad, god bless him, was also passionate about photography and he would have loved this card too. So this card is also for him. The card is my first attempt at a Recessed Window card, and I have to say for my first go it's turned out rather well. The base card is made from brown leather effect card, the background for the recess is the left overs from the card I sprayed with the Medici Mixed Medium - Wedgwood. The main image is a box brownie camera from the set of Darkroom Door stamps, which I've stamped in Denim Adirondack ink, cut out with Labels Two Nestabililites then sponged some Denim and Stonewashed ink around the edge. The paper is Basic Grey and I've used another scrap of the sprayed card to stamp the film reel onto, again in Denim ink. The two other images are also from the Darkroom door set of stamps again stamped in Denim. The metal frame is from a box of metal embellishments I've had for years and this is the first time I've used any thing from it. I've also added a dot of Glossy Accents in the centre of the camera image to make it look like there's a lens.
I thought this shot would show the recess off a little better. I think I shall be making some more cards in this style, though I have to say a Scor-Pal would make life alot easier.
I nearly wasn't able to finish this card tonight as, would you believe it, I've run out of double sided tape again and the post man couldn't fit the package of new rolls through the letter box ! So tomorrow morning I've got to head off to the Post Office depot to collect it. I really need to get ahead of myself, but it just never seems to work. I'm hoping for some quality craft time over the week end as we've nothing planned, so fingers crossed !
Thanks for looking.
Sue

11 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Sue,what a fantastic technique and image......a great job with the challenge!!! Thanks for joining in with our first challenge,hope to see you back at Creatalicious next month!!
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue!! What a brilliant idea - this is the first time I've see (or even heard of!) a recessed card and now I'm dying to try it out for myself too! I love the style and the colours and that aged camera is gorgeous!! So glad you took up the challenge because you've given me new ideas to try and lots of inspiration! Thank You! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Sue, what a simply amazing card. The recess, all of the ink finishes and the great images youve chosen are just so great. I so wish I was brave enough to try some distressing with inks and you've certainly given me the inspiration!
    Hope you have a really lovely crafting weekend!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,
    You've been so quick off the mark with this card. It's so perfect for the challenge. I've been meaning to have a go at a recessed card for a while, you've just inspired me! Love the idea of a photo frame for a camera. It's all back to front in a fun kind of way!! Thank you so much for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges this month.
    Hugs, Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue this is fabulous, Col will love it and I think it's a lovely thing for you to have made it for your Dad (()).

    Hope you have a fabbo crafty weekend, I've made it down from the landing but actually wished I'd stayed up there. Might be a tad less stressful than down here!!!

    Love
    Vic
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Card Sue. Love the coours, the image EVERYTHING !

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue..what a great idea!! Just love the colour and style..thank you for joining us at BBCC and hope you join us again..
    Regards
    Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, I really love your card...very clever! Thanks so much for joining us on our first challenge....Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Fabulous.. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge.. Bec

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love that aged look, Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!