Sunday, 16 August 2009

Good Luck Iain !

This is an A5 card that I've made for a man at work. He's moving departments tomorrow and the people from his team asked me to make a card. I've kept it quite simple as it's going to get passed around for signatures and in my experience people aren't that careful, so I can just imagine things being pulled off etc !
The alphabet I've used is a Cuttlebug one called Olivia. The card I've mounted the letters on to has been brushed with Moon Shadow Ink in Golden Doubloons and Buccaneer Bay Blue. I love these inks as it gives your work a shimmer when it's dry from the pigment that's suspended in the ink. While it was still wet I layed cling film onto it and scrunched it with my fingers. When it's dry you're left with a wonderful pattern of pigment from the ink. I then ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Distressed Stripes embossing folder, then rubbed some Copper Brilliance ink over the top. The stamped edge is made using a freebie stamp I picked up from the NEC last year when I bought something else. I've then used Distress inks in Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo around the edge, same around the edge of the name plate. I've used my ticket punch on the corners of the name plate then swiped Vintage Photo around the edge.

I haven't spent quite as much time in my craft room today as I volunteered to do some grouting in the kitchen. I felt a bit guilty as I'd had all yesterday afternoon in my room and if I disapeared again, I'm not sure it would have gone down too well. I know one thing, it's blummin' hard work ! It's also not the best stuff for your hands, mine feel like sandpaper now....I shan't be volunteering again in a hurry !

Thanks for looking
Sue

2 comments:

  1. hey you made it into our craft room then!

    Hope you don't have to go fishing through in trays for this fab csrd, I remember doing that sooo many times.

    What got you muckier - this card or the grouting?

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Victoria, I was wondering that too!! I was just imagining that I'd be covered in about 6 inks and with crumpled up cling film sticking to everything other than the card and nothing in the room would possibly resemble this little piece of art. You do realise tho don't you Sue that dear Iain would never ever appreciate the work that you put into it?! He probably would think that it was a bought card! At that point just give him a clip around the ears!!
    I love his card and hope he does too!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!