Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Just a note .......

This is my card for this week's Passion for Promarker challenge which was to use Cocoa and Rose Pink. The main image is my favourite Sugar Nellie stamp called Planting Some Love. I've stamped her with black Memento ink then shaded with mainly; Rose Pink, Blossom, Cocoa, Cinammon, Sandstone, Forest Green and Moss. I then cut her out with a square Nestability and mounted it onto a scalloped square. The background corner pieces were punched with a Fiskars edge punch and layered. The spotty paper I've cut out with Labels One Nestabilitiy. I then decided it was too 'clean' looking so I sponged Distresss inks in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo around the edge and stamped one of the swirls from the Basic Grey Two Scoops set around the edge in the Vintage Photo ink. The sentiment is a stamp from a Papermania set stamped with Archival Sepia ink. The flowers are Papermania too with a coloured pearl in the centre. I think I need to make a purchase of some new flowers as I'm getting a little bored with these!

It's been a beautiful day today, a pity that I've been stuck in an office all day but it does lift your spirits when the sun shines. Got back on my Wii Fit tonight for the first time in weeks...crikey
that was a shock to the system....lol....We're even talking about getting the bikes out again!
Thanks for looking.
Sue

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, what a pretty card. Love the image and your colouring is fab. The papers are perfect and the distressing looks great. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sue. Love the image you've used and the coloring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card Sue, I love the effect of the layered up punched border
    thanks for joining us this week on PfP and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really pretty card. I love that stamp and you have really coloured it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning hun I love it, thanks for playing along at PFP.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!