Saturday, 22 August 2009

Lookin' good !

This card was inspired by Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge which was to use turquoise and brown and also Mojo 100 day 6 sketch. The main image is from a Tanda Stamps set called Retro Women. I absolutely love this set of stamps and this image I think is really classy. I would have loved to have lived at this time and worn the hats and dresses ! Anyway, the main image was stamped with Vintage Photo Distress ink, wasn't sure it would work but I'm pleased with the effect it's given the fur collar. I used Vintage Photo and Antique Linen to shade the image. I then used my NEW Nestabilities ( that arrived this morning !) this one is Labels Six. We've been out for most of the day today and I've been itching to get back and have a play ! I've sponged some Vintage Photo and Antique Linen around the edge and then mounted it onto the next size up cut from Bazill card. The background paper is Basic Grey and the edge punch is also a new arrival and is the Martha Stewart Doilly punch. The tape measure is a stamp from the TJ Designs Vintage Collage set which I stamped onto white card then sponged Antique Linen and Vintage Photo over it and trimmed it close to the image. The 'Lookin' Good' stamp is a Clarity stamp that I've had for ages.

Really enjoyed making this card and bizarrely enough I'm wearing the same colours ! I've been thinking today that there should be a new kind of holiday entitlement from work. Aswell as maternity leave there should be Crafter's leave so that we can take well earned time off to play with major new purchases. Do you think it will catch on ?
We went walking today around Hartshill Hayes Country Park it was absolutely beautful and really warm. We were absolutely shattered when we got back to the car. My feet have only just recovered ! Unfit or what !

Thanks for looking.
Sue

10 comments:

  1. Sue, this is lovely. So different and I love the new labels six dies. I'm expecting my stock of them next week and can't wait. Thank you for joining us at SCSC. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eine sehr schöne Karte.Toll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crafting leave??...I'm voting for you at the next election lol!!
    Your card is gorgeous, really love the image,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. I love that image and the new nesties. Crafting leave well if I worked I'd vote for that one.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crafters leave sounds great, could we have about 52 weeks worth of it? On full pay of ocurse!

    Another brill card Mrs!

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous vintage card.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, this is a beautiful card and you have used this weeks colour scheme really well with your layout! Thanks for joining in the fun at SCSC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card Sue, so elegant love the image thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, wonderful vintage image and love the papers.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!