Friday, 21 August 2009

Mojo Turns 100 - Day 5

This is my card for the Mojo Monday challenge for today. They're celebrating turning 100 so there's a different sketch each day. The main image is from the Ollyfant Autumn 2 set which I stamped in black Memento ink onto watercolour paper. I wanted to make it look a bit 'grungy' so I shaded it with my Faber Pitt pens as well as the umbrella, and cut it out with my Netabilities. The background strip is stamped in Adirondack Slate ink with leaves from different sets of Rubbadubbado and Serendipity stamps as well as a wood mounted stamp that I've had for years. I then stamped the small leaf with Adirondack Rust and sponged the same ink down the edges. The leaf in the corners was stamped with Adirondack Slate and then Rust was sponged over the top aswell as some Antique Linen Distress ink. The papers are Basic Grey.

I'm quite excited as I saw on Secret Crafter's web blog that there are some new colours coming out soon for Pro Markers. Looks like I'll be making a purchase soon !

Well it's been a mixed bag of weather today, though I have managed to get some washing dry. My other half cooked a lovely curry tonight for tea which we ate while watching Rick Stein, which was recorded. Would you believe it the athletics over ran so we lost the last 10 minutes ! How flippin' annoying is that !

Thanks for looking
Sue

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Gorgeous! Simply stunning Sue!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh this is fabbo Sue, it does look grungy but goes really well with the pretty paper.

    I saw about the promarkers too, now I have to decide, new copics or new promarkers? Grrrr

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what an eye catching breath taking card. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!