Sunday, 30 August 2009

A Passion for Purple !

This is a very different experience for me as I'm in a holiday cottage in North Cumbria, and I've made this card by bringing a selection of bits from my craft room back home. This is my card for the Passion for Promarkers challenge this week. The main image is from a Tanda Stamps set which has been stamped with black Memento ink and then shaded with lilac, lavender, amethyst and aubergine Pro Markers. I've also use my Faber Pitt pens to add some shading to the wizard and stuck three star gems to the hem of his cloak. I've used a ticket punch on the corners and mounted him onto card that's been sponged with Versamagic Purple Petunia and Eggplant ink and finally mounted onto silver mirri card. The background papers are Basic Grey and the sentiment is from a Papermania set of stamps. If I'd been at home I would no doubt have added some more embellishments, but it will have to do.

So we've come up to North Cumbria for a week and so far it's rained, rained and rained some more ! Tomorrow's forecast isn't any different so I don't think we'll be wandering far. Good job the fridge is full of goodies !

Thanks for looking.
Sue

13 comments:

  1. Its fab exactly the way it is Sue, gorgeous card
    thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab image Sue and beautifully coloured,
    Really lovely,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So chuffed you're crafting on holiday Sue! Great card too, love the gems on the wizards cloak, nice touch.

    And don't stress mate, if you'd stayed at home you'd be just as soggy, it ain't stopped since I got up!

    Hoping to see more crafty holidayness plus if the weather stays rubbish, google search to see if any craft shops near you, although I expect you already have!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, what a fab card. I think the image is stunning and your colouring is amazing. Sometimes it's nice not to add too many embellishments and your card looks great as it is. Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card the image you have used matches the colours perfectly :)
    Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :)
    Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card with limited stash and your colouring is fabulous. Thank you of joining us at PFP this week Sue :o) p.s hope the weather gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous card Sue. Love the image you've used and your fab colouring. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Sue, Happy holiday! it rains in Cumbria keeps the lakes topped up :)

    Love the Tanda fantasy sets must get mine out more.

    Think your card is fabulous sometimes less is more and this is just magical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think it needs more adding Sue, it's absolutely stunning as it is!!! perfect job with the colouring too.....you should be chuffed with this card it's brilliant :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Sue, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue this is just perfect i love it
    thanks for joining us at pfp this week
    hugs
    helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby card Sue, you're so gifted with the old ink and in any form it would seem! Youve made some amazing cards and I love this one, it's stunning!
    Hope you enjoy your holiday and that you dont have a whole week of rain altho that will mean lots of lovely crafting and even more goodies from the fridge!!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful! I love cards that use totally different images - this is fabulous

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!