Monday, 10 August 2009

Pink Elephant Challenge

This is my card for this week's Pink Elephant Challenge, which was to use turquoise, brown and neutral. I was going to combine this card with this weeks Monday Mojo but got sidetracked ! The sentiment is from a set of Serendipity stamps, which I masked off so that I could stamp the words underneath each other. I stamped it with Stazon Teal Blue along with the background paper which was stamped with a Basic Grey stamp from the Two Scoops set. I sponged some Teal Blue around the edge of the paper as well. The sentiment was cut out with a circle Nestability, sponged around the edge with Distress ink - Vintage Photo and mounted onto a scalloped Nestability. I then cut out three of the Labels One Nestabilities and sponged the Distress Ink around the largest to add some contrast against the background. Added the ribbon and a brad along with some pearls which I've coloured with a blue and a green peel off pen to get the shade I wanted. All of the papers used are Basic Grey.

Not much action in the kitchen tonight but it is Monday and I hate them as much as my other half so he's forgiven ! I think I've just got enough time for another cup of tea before bed.

Thanks for looking.
Sue

8 comments:

  1. Love all the swirls, you've done a great job here with our challenge...thanks for playing along :)

    Hugs
    Carol x
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the swirls - such a beautiful background.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. brill card Sue but I got side tracked by laughing so much at your comment about lack of 'kitchen action'. You know me and how I misinterpretate things!!!!!

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant and beautifully detailed as always.

    About this kitchen action, whats a kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your wonderful comment. I had to pop over to yours and would like to say that I love your stamping style and you've shared some absolutely gorgeous cards, this one being no exception.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful design Sue. I am so loving your distressed style, you make it look so easy. The colours are gorgeous!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card!! I love the swirls too. Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

    Sheri
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this card! So beautiful. Thanks for creating with us @ TPE this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!