Saturday, 8 August 2009

Ssssshhhhhhh !

I know these are odd images to open a blog entry with, but I was absolutely amazed so I wanted to share. I started out with a pale lilac flower, as above, and decided I wanted to try and distress it a little. So I swiped Eggplant Adirondack ink over it, decided I didn't like the effect and left it to one side.
When I picked the flower up 24 hours later the ink had completely covered the flower and changed it's colour ! If you'd seen the mess I'd made just after applying the ink you would understand why I'm so amazed at how good the flower looks now. Might try this again with some different colours.

So look what the 'lovely' post man brought me, a set of Darkroom Door stamps ! I've been eyeing these up for some time and decided I really do 'need' them ! It's my lovely man's birthday soon and he eats, sleeps, breathes photography so these stamps are perfect ! This will be number one card for him, but I normally make 2 or 3 so I have a choice. Problem is he keeps popping in to my craft room at very awkward moments ! I think I'll have to put up a 'don't disturb' sign ! The background was made by stamping first onto a scrap piece of paper then on to the card, hence making it paler. The main image is stamped with Memento black ink then cut out with Nestabilities Labels 2. The sentiment is stamped in the same ink then I've used a ticket punch on the corners. The photograph corners are cut out on my Cricut using the Jasmine cartridge. The strip across the centre is the same stamp stamped in a line and then mounted on to black card. These stamps are definitely going to get some use and I'm sure there will be some more Darkroom Door stamps purchased in the near future !
Well we've had a beautiful day today and we've also been very industrious too ! Over half of the kitchen is now tiled and it looks gorgeous. We've decided that all work and no play makes us very dull people so we're off out tomorrow, up to somewhere near Nantwich in search of some more photographic shots. I did see a little craft shop that may need investigating too !
Thanks for looking.
Sue


4 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely is that Sue! Its so stunning, Im the same as you in that I like to make a few cards as I never seem to like what Ive done tho! Im sure he will ove this!
    Have a lovely shop, I mean trip!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue
    There are a couple of little somethings over at my blog for you. Just a little thank you for your visits and lovely comments.
    Love the sea card you did and your camera card is great.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I think Col will like this one Sue, not sure he'll be so keen on the do not disturb sign unless you get one for his workroom too!

    Glad kitchen going well, let me know about the little craft shop you find too.

    Victoria
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fella is gonna love this theme parfect and brill sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!