Thursday, 27 August 2009

Wedding in 3D !

This is a card that I've made for a lady at work that gets married on the 9 September. I'm pretty sure she doesn't look at my blog, I don't think she's got time at the moment especially ! This is also for the Stamptacular challenge which is to make something in 3D. I stamped the book twice onto white card and embossed with silver EP and then stamped again onto vellum and embossed again in silver EP. I then cut all three out but cutting along different lines so that they would layer. I used the handle of a paint brush to add some curve to one of the card pieces and to the vellum. I stuck them together just on the spine so that the pages would still stand up from the card. The background card is a Pink Petticoat design printed in silver and cut out using Labels 8 Nestabilities. As this was the largest die I then used it to draw around with an embossing tool and then cut it out so that it was slightly larger. The initials were cut from the Olivia alphabet set and 2 heart gems were added to the tassles on the stamped book.
This shot is to try and show how it stands away from the card giving it a 3D effect. I put the silver card behind it as my camera was struggling to focus on the card.
It's been a busy old day today so I was glad to be on my way home tonight. My Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine dropped through the letter box today and it's full of Christmas stuff. I haven't had my summer holiday yet ! Think I'll have a browse around some blogs before bed tonight.
Thanks for looking.
Sue

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sue, love the clean and crispness of it really elegant.

    Thanks for joining us this week at SSC.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wedding card, very elegant. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful, you've gone to a lot of trouble with this one, good tip about making a bigger nestue shape with the embossing tool, often felt stressed when not got one big enough and now I know what to do.

    Have a fab hol matey and look forward to seeing you when you get back.

    lots of love
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful and elegant card. Your friend will love it!

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! THis card is absolutely GORGEOUS! thanks for joining us at SSC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the idea of the book!
    Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card ;0)
    Thanks for joining us at SSC

    Janneke X

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!