Wednesday, 26 August 2009

Where is this week going !

I can't believe how quickly this week is going ! Yesterday just flew by and before I knew it, it was 10PM and way too late for me to think, let alone be creative ! I've just managed to get the above card done tonight before I fall asleep !
This card is for the Basic Grey challenge which was to use the colour combination, Pink, Brown and Yellow. The main image is from the Ollyfant Autumn set 2, which has been stamped with black Memento ink and then shaded with brown, pink and yellow Pro Markers. I've then sponged Distress inks around the edge in Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo. I've cut it out using Labels 8 Nestabilities and layered it onto the next size up adding some faux stitching around the edge. The paper used is Basic Grey and the background paper is also Basic Grey. The toadstool, from the same set of stamps, was also shaded with Pro Markers and then cut out and mounted on foam pads. The flower is cut with a Cuttlebug die from the same Basic Grey paper and a coloured pearl added to the centre. The sentiment is cut from the pink Basic Grey paper using the smallest Labels 8 die and then stamped by colouring the stamp with a brown Pro Marker.

Well they weren't kidding when they said today would be horrible ! It's done nothing but rain all day....and guess what I got wet ! The dustbin men always leave the bin in the middle of the drive so every time I have to abandon the car in the middle of the road take the bins down the drive and then go back and move the car. By which time, as it's normally raining, I'm soaked ! I can hear the violins from here.....lol.......

Thanks for looking.
Sue

3 comments:

  1. I need those papers, they are yummy. Can you get them individually? Those new nesties are great and that image is too cute. Great layout too.

    Violins? I heard giggling! Oh that was just me
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, Sue! Love your embellies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sue, beautifully coloured cute image/s and fabulous distressing!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at BG.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!