Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Wiper Card

This is my first attempt at a Wiper Card, you can see the tutorial here. I thought this was a really great idea, sort of along the same idea as a pop up card but a bit different. This is also
my card for The Pink Elephant challenge and the Colour Create challenge. Both challenges had the theme of Summer with the addtion from the Colour Create challenge of the colours blue, sand,silver and black. First of all I brayered the background with Stonewashed and Denim Aidrondack ink and then used Scattered Straw Distress ink to make the sand colour. The images are all from the Tanda Stamps Summer set 1, which I've stamped with Memento black ink. The child sitting on the sand is shaded with Pro Markers then cut out and mounted on foam pads. The eyelets were ones that came with my Cropodile and I thought they were perfect for representing the sun. This was then mounted onto silver mirror card. The kite was also stamped with black Memento and shaded with Pro Markers. The edge punch is a Martha Stewart and the blue card is Bazill. I thought this was a really fun card and will be having another go for sure !
What a beautiful day we've had today and according the the weather man we're in for possible a couple more days. Woohoo ....could it be this is our Summer ! Just wish I wasn't at work for the rest of the week. Fingers crossed it will be kind and give us a good day at the week end too. Here's hoping !
Thanks for looking.
Sue

11 comments:

  1. WOW its a fab card without the movement but with it goes to a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card - very clever!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card!!
    So happy you joined us this week at The Pink Elephant!!

    Lori
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Sue, love the sunny brads too! When the tutorial arrived in my inbox from SCS I thought you'd have a go!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card and what an amazing shape...so well made too...thank you for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is fab - I just adore seaside images and this one is great. Love how the card changes shape - very clever.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning card. I've never heard of wiper cards before - this looks amazing! Brilliant images. You've used the challenge colours perfectly. Excellent work.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous - I saw this tutorial and thought it looked a bit tricky, but wow what you have done is really stunning. Well worth the effort - I guess I should have a go too.
    Thanks for sharing your great card with us at the PInk Elephant.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card!! Love the wiper technique. Thanks for playing with us at TPE this week!!

    Sheri
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Sue! This card is just awesome! Great use of the colors! Thanks for playing along at Colour Create!

    xx-Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW a really clever card and love the eyelet sun brads. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for joining Colour create this week!

    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!