Thursday, 3 September 2009

The ark is nearly ready......

Well if we thought it had rained alot yesterday, today has to take the biscuit ! No kidding, we would be better with a small boat up here in Cumbria than a car!

Any way, I've managed to squeeze some crafting time out of today while 'C' is in the kitchen preparing tea. This is my card for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, which proved to be quite difficult as everything I wanted to used was back at home ! The main image is from a set of Katzelkraft stamps as is the sentiment. I stamped it with black Memento ink onto cream card then sponged some Antique Linen Distress Ink around the edge. It's cut out using circle Nestabilities and mounted on Basic Grey paper which is cut out with the Scalloped Circle Nestabilities. I sponged the paper too as I didn't want it as white. All of the papers are Basic Grey and I've added gold stickles to the bird and some red stickles in the bottom left hand corner.

I'm looking forward to getting back to my craft room as it's been a real challenge making something with a very limited stash. I can honestly say this has been the worst week's holiday we've ever had with regards to the weather. It has just not stopped raining all week ! We're hoping for one last chance to go out walking tomorrow, fingers crossed !

Thanks for looking.
Sue

6 comments:

  1. Wow you've done well considering your limited stash. This is one beautiful card and that stamp is lush.

    Hope it's a dry day for you tomorrow

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning Christmas card and I just love the bird stamp. The great British weather is just that "great" for spoiling the holidays. Hope it's dryer tomorrow!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a brilliant creation for our flights of fancy theme this week Sue! Thanks for joining us at SCSC :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this is soooo beautiful - just love everything about it! I wish I could use patterned paper as well as you do! Sorry to hear about your holiday. I have been on leave at home this week and cannot believe how much it has rained here in Birmingham! At least I didn't have to feel so guilty about cardmaking all week... I will paint the garage another time!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card Sue, shame it was at the expense of another day of your holiday! Hope you had a lovely day today.
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!