Sunday, 6 September 2009

Catching up !

I've managed to just finish this card in time for the Passion for Promarkers challenge and also for the Pink Elephant challenge. Passion for Promarkers challenge is girly and sparkly and the Pink Elephant challenge is one ribbon, 2 squares and something that sparkles. I really wanted to add another layer but restrained my self. The main image is a Clarity stamp that I've stamped onto the card once then stamped onto a Post It note and cut it out. This then sticks over the first shoe and masks it while I stamped the second shoe. I've then shaded them with green Pro Markers. I really wanted to do red but I've not got any Pro Markers in that colour so looks like that will be my next purchase ! The papers are all Basic Grey and I've stamped around the shoes with some stamps from a Basic Grey set I picked up last week. I've then sponged ink around the edge and swiped ink on the edge of the card instead of layering it onto a darker piece. The swirls on the green paper are from the Basic Grey set of stamps called Two Scoops and I've stamped it in Adirondack Lettuce. The edge is punched with a Martha Stewart edge punch and the gems are all self adhesive. The colours haven't come out too well as the greens are alot more vivid than in the photo.

I really wish my feet would fit into a pair of shoes like this....not much chance of that with my boats ....lol.......! Well it's back to work tomorrow, which is not a happy thought, but looking on the bright side if I didn't go I couldn't buy any craft stash......which is an even worse thought !

Thanks for looking.
Sue

12 comments:

  1. Guessing you got back with a head full of ideas and hands itching to get back to all your stash! Fabulous shoes and green great colour closely related to gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, stunning card again Sue
    thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and the colour scheme is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fantastic - love the image and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love it. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us over at PFP.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!! Love the rhinestones. Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!!

    Sheri
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!!

    LORi

    ReplyDelete
  8. why don't you like this one mate? It's fab and you've added red with the bow which balances it out perfectly.

    Wish I was going with you this weekend

    Vic
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card Sue. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sue this is just brilliant - love the shoes! and the colours are so rich.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I L-O-V-E your card ! Congrats!
    The image of the shoes is fab - never seen that image before and the colors .... WOW !
    Brgds
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!