Thursday, 17 September 2009

It's official .....winter's here !

Is it me or has the temperature dropped like a stone ? I've given in and put the heating on so that's it, it must be winter ! This card is rather apt given today's temperature drop and is my card for 2 challenges; Mojo Monday and One Stop Craft. The images are all from a Katzelkraft set of stamps and have been stamped with Stazon Teal Blue. The background is Basic Grey paper and I've stamped on to scrap card then onto the paper so the image is a little fainter. I've added some white opal Liquid Pearls to the images and sponged some Teal Blue around the edge. I've used circle Nestabilites to cut them out and mounted them onto foam pads. The lace border is a roll of self adhesive paper lace I bought some time ago, and it's a real devil to stick down as it sticks to itself ! The sentiment is from a set of Tanda Stamps and I've added some gems for sparkle.

It's been a really grey day where we are today, and it's gone cold too - hence the heating ! I can't bear to be cold so as soon as the weather turns that's it on it goes. I shall be putting the thicker quilt back on the bed tomorrow too, not quite bed socks yet but it won't be long !

Thanks for looking.
Sue

7 comments:

  1. beautiful Sue, love it lots. ove blue Christmas cards and the sparkle is delish

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Sue - love that tree stamp - I've a thing about tree stamps lol... and yes it has dropped cold and the heating's switched on here too BRRR.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love your choice of colours and the layout is fabulous. As for the images and averything else spellbinding. Am also very jelaous most be the only person who cannot get nestablilities/spellbinders to cut in my bug :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous card!! just sent the link to Beatrice (Katzelkraft)
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gorgeous ! Love what you did ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue, Thank you for the nice comments you left on my blog. So happy you found me, which led me to finding you! Your work is beautiful and I will enjoy surfing through your blog and finding inspiration! I'll be back to visit often.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!