Sunday, 20 September 2009

Meet Babs !

This is my card for 3 challenges; Passion for Pro Markers, The Pink Elephant and Secret Crafter. Passion for Pro Markers was to use any colours but to include polka dots. The Pink Elephant challenge is 'Back to school' and the Secret Crafter challenge is 'One for the girls'. I need to explain why I thought of this for 'Back to school'. My sister is a school teacher and when she goes back to school after the holidays at the end of the day one of her favourite things to do is to disappear into the bathroom for a nice long soak. Whenever I see any image like this I always think of her so when I spotted this stamp by Rubber Romance it was a must have (the stamp's called Babs !). The image is quite large so I opted to do an A5 card and it's worked really well. I stamped with black Memento ink then shaded with Pro Markers in different shades of blue. I've shaded the bubbles with the Pastel Blue Pro Marker and then added some Glossy Accents to some of them. The papers are by Pebbles inc and Making Memories and I've used a Fiskars punch on the Making Memories paper. The Pebbles inc paper is acutally a blue polka dot but it hasn't shown up too well on the photo. I've used Labels 8 to cut out the main image and then used an embossing tool to draw around the largest die and cut it out to mount the image on to. The sentiment was done on the PC and I've used Labels 9 to cut it out and sponged some Stonewashed Adirondack ink around the edge then rubbed Denim Adirondack ink around the edge for definition.


I was hoping that you would be able to see the detail of the Glossy Accents on the bubbles, but think I've failed !

It's such a shame I have to go back to work tomorrow, I've had a wonderful day today. I've sorted some of my stamps, and got them onto EZMount. God that stuff is sticky ! Getting my 'non-stick' scissors clean after that was very tricky ! My Mum's coming round for tea tonight so 'C's' cooking one of his wicked curries, I can already smell it, it's making me feel extremely hungry !
Thanks for looking.
Sue

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - wow just what a teacher needs at the end of the day and a bottle of wine too of course!!

    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, what a fab card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. The colour scheme is gorgeous and I love the punched edge. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card Sue. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! As a teacher it screams back-to-school to me too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!!

    Sheri
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and a fabulous take on the girly theme.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. very striking card Sue, perfect
    thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and image - great bubbles!

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genius...way to think out of the box...I LOVE it!!! thanks for joining us at TPE!!

    LORi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. I love that image.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Sue, definitely very girly, thanks for joining in the fun at SCSC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, wonderful image and great colours..
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!