Monday, 7 September 2009

Mojo 103

This is my card for the Mojo Monday challenge. The inspiration for the colours came from a set of chipboard pieces made by DCWV. In the end I've only used the sentiment, but I loved the cream and black together. The main image is my new butterfly, which is from a Basic Grey set of stamps. It's stamped in black Memento ink and the cut out with Nestabilities Labels Nine. I've sponged Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Distress Ink around the edge of all of the pieces of cream card. The centre of the butterfly isn't actually dry, as it's Glossy Accents, and I've added some black pearls and black gems. The ribbon is actually the star on this card as it's a piece I rescued from work that was going to be thrown away ! It matches this card perfectly !

First day back at work and the sun's been out all day ! I couldn't believe how warm it was when I came home. We had a comfort tea tonight with lots of mashed potatoe, gorgeous ! Must get back on the diet tomorrow.

Thanks for looking
Sue

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card. I really like it! Those colors look very nice together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and very elegant - great colour combo.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card beautiful colours cannot believe you made something that was'nt right and had to rescue the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this to bits Sue, so very simple and pretty. Pleased you have a new butterfly to replace your melted one! This one is just as gorgeous

    Vic
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty - what a nice card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Love how elegant it is. Love the black bling and the butterefly!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!