Saturday, 26 September 2009

Moving house !



Unfortunately, no it's not me, this is for a friend at work who will be moving house on Monday. I'm sure that she will be far too busy at the moment to see her card here ( well I hope so !). I've been thinking about this card for a couple of days so it went together quite quickly when I eventually sat down to do it. It actually fits with three challenges which I have to be honest was more luck than judgement ! The challenges are : Our Creative Corner - Monochromatic Mania; My Time to Craft - Autumn; C.R.A.F.T - no backing paper. The first thing I did was to ink a piece of cream card with Vintage Photo distress ink until it was completely covered. Then I used a sanding block and dragged it across the card until it looked slightly lighter and distressed. Then I stamped the tree, which is from Katzelkraft stamp set, in Vintage Photo and used some bleach to highlight the leaves. The swirls are also stamped with Vintage Photo, the leaves were stamped with Versamark then brown chalk rubbed over the top. I mounted this onto some Coredinations card which I also rubbed the sanding block over. The houses are embossed using the Winter House Cuttlebug embossing folder which I've also sanded and cut out using Labels 5 Nestabilities. The ribbon I've dragged across the Vintage Photo ink pad so that it toned in with the card.





You can see the detail of the bleaching and chalking on the close up photo. Even though I've taken this photo during the day the colours are still not true to life, the colours should be alot richer.
I have to say a big thank you to my friend Sheila for this technique with the sanding block. I absolutely love it so this could well be popping up again in the near future ! I've had a lovely day today, it started with having my hair done so I've got rid of all the grey for a few weeks ...lol.... I need to mention Elaine, my hairdresser, as we had a lovely chat this morning and put the world to rights. I then had a mosey over to a local craft shop, and then spent the rest of the day ( not much left ) in my craft room. If only there were more days like today !
Thanks for looking.
Sue

13 comments:

  1. this is so yummy, love the colouring on the leaves. Good to see you well and truely reunited with your mojo.

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow awesome work !!!

    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge,

    Peggy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.....Sue
    What a fabulous card. The sanded background looks so good in that colour.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and what a lot of work you put into it - thanks for sharing all of the techniques. I can imagine how rich it looks - don't photo's lose so much!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic card! I love the techniques you've used. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, love everything about it, very sophisticated. Thank you for joining in the fun at C.R.A.F.T. this week, good luck in the draw.
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Sue, I love the autumny colours and the embossing, thanks for playing at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific card, Sue! I really like the way you stamped a background scene and then added the embossed houses. Love that sanding effect to - sooo cool. So happy you could play along with us at the OCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card - sounds like my kind of day! Thanks for playing at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic project! Great colours and images. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge & good luck.
    Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning work, love the background you created. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent job on the challenge, Sue. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!