Saturday, 19 September 2009

PVA resist

This is my card for the challenge over on Ready Steady Stamp. There is a menu of 5 items that have to be included on your card, including one technique, and no cute images allowed ! The main image is from a set of Inkadinkado stamps which is stamped with black Stazon. I've then mixed PVA glue with alcohol inks to paint the image. When it was dry I sponged Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress Inks over the top, and then rubbed the ink off the painted areas with a baby wipe. I added a small black gem for it's eye. The areas of glue and ink are actually quite shiny. I've then stamped the corners with stamps from the Physalis set of stamps by Katzelkraft including swirls and flowers. The frame is made from Labels 9 Nestabilities and I've sponged Distress Inks over it before mounting it on foam pads. The background papers are Basic Grey and I've used the Martha Stewart Doilly Lace edge punch. I've done a simple running stitch down the centre of the ribbon and gathered it slightly before adding the buttons which are bu Blonde Moments. The butterfly is also from the Physalis set of stamps and is stamped in black Stazon onto acetate.


I've tried to show the detail here but I think I need to work out where the camera needs to focus ! You can just about see the butterfly which I folded slightly in two so that the wings would stand up.
Well today didn't quite go as planned but I've still had some quality time in my craft room. I did my token effort on the house work front this morning, I wouldn't mind but it will need doing again next week ! I'm now going to do some mounting of stamps onto EZMount as I need to get the stamps I bought last week end into some sort of order, so that they're ready to play with tomorrow !
Thanks for looking.
Sue

10 comments:

  1. This is STUNNING !!! thanks for playing with us at RSS
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue

    I think this is my most favourite card you've ever made, it's delish. So very very pretty and the colours are perfect.

    Nicely done Mrs

    Moi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning Sue. The image is coloured perfectly, and I love the swirly background.
    Amazing colours, and love all the detail to,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Sue this is absolutely stunning - never heard of the PVA/alcohol ink technique before - thanks for sharing that. It is just sooooo beautiful.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Great colors on the bird with the alcohol ink/PVA - very vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I love the bird image xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!