Monday, 28 September 2009

Ready Steady Stamp Week 6

The menu for the Ready Steady Stamp challenge this week is as below :


So for the challenge this is the card I've made.

The main image and the heart are stamps that I actually won from my friend Sheila who was having a sort out and did a drawer on her blog (which is excellent so make sure you check it out!). I stamped the images in black Memento ink then mounted the main image onto white card. The heart is actually part of a larger stamp, but I just wanted to use this part of it. I also stamped it in black Memento ink and then lightly shaded it around the edge with a pink Pro Marker. I then mounted it onto my corrugated card, which I had to make myself as I didn't have any. The pink paper is Basic Grey and the swirls are a Crafty Individuals stamp and are stamped in Versafine Smokey Grey and the word is stamped in black Stazon. I cut the bracket using my Cricut machine and added a pearl.

I had run out of the grey Basic Grey paper I wanted to use for the background so I used my favourite technique at the moment. I inked some white card using Adirondack Slate ink then using my sanding block, dragged it across the surface. I then masked off the centre of the card and stamped the swirls with Versamark and rubbed chalk over it so they showed more as a watermark than a definite print.
I really enjoyed making this card, you should have seen my hands when I'd finished though...lol... I feel alot less stressed than when I walked in from work after nearly 2 hours on the road. It normally only takes me 50 minutes to drive home but there was an accident on the M1 and guess who was stuck in it ! I think I've just got time for some blog hopping before bed.
Thanks for looking.
Sue


15 comments:

  1. une très belle carte !
    le coeur est magnifique!
    merci de ta participation :)
    kiki :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is goooorgeous !! beautiful card. Thanks for playing
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one big recipe to follow but what a beautiful card. You did a fantastic job. Love it!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey up Mrs........I want that stamp back.....ha ha ha.
    What a fab card.....and I love that you are using the sanding technique.....it looks great.
    Hugs
    Sheila-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card SUe and another pink one too! Glad to see you're enjoying yourself.

    I'm farming Zac off to the in laws today so I can get some rest, not fun this pig flu, at least I got it now and not in a couple of weeks eh?

    Must trot off...

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is great too.... I think it was difficult to use the corrugated carstock, I didn't know where to put it ;-)
    I love the background too.

    Carole
    http://www.lescartesdecarole.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy all of your work Sue, am such a fan and this card proves why! Soft subtle colours look amazing.

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jolie carte Bravo
    Bonne continuation
    x Cath

    ReplyDelete
  9. So romantic card! great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, I love the little pearl on the bracket!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!