Tuesday, 8 September 2009

Tanda Teaser 'Summer Fun'

This is my card for the Tanda Teaser this week which is 'Summer Fun'. The main image is one of my favourites and I think of it each time I need to do a Summer card. I stamped the image onto a Post It note first so that I could mask the first image and then stamp again so that they appear staggered. I cut them out using Nestabilities Labels 8 then sponged ink around the edge. I mounted it onto Bazill card and lightly water coloured the huts with my water colour pencils. The swirl is from the Chippies Hearts and Swirls set. I've stamped the sentiment on to it and then sponged ink over the top. Got quite messy at one point ! I then used the shape that the Chippie came from as a stencil and sponged some ink through it for the background 'waves'. Quite a simple card but it still took me ages to do ! I really do need to be more decisive !

I had my lunch with my friend Sarah today and I promised I would mention her on my blog tonight. Sarah is a fellow crafter and although she doesn't have a blog, she follows quite a few of us. We obviously discussed lots of things all related to crafting, best way to spend a lunch time I think !

Thanks for looking
Sue

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I stumbled on your blog! I love to scrapbook and do similar crafts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fab card Sue. Glad you enjoyed lunch with Sarah - tell her to set up a blog!

    We should get together and do some craft stuff shouldn't we?

    Love
    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely the seaside all wrapped up. A brilliant card and I just love that stamp.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!