Friday, 18 September 2009

Teenage boys !

This is my card for the Secret Crafter challenge which was Teenage Boys. I've really enjoyed making this card, the idea came to me earlier on today and I had to grab a piece of paper and write everything down till I could get to my craft room tonight. The photo, as usual, doesn't do the colours justice. The background is cream card that I've stamped the leaves on to, from a Katzelkraft stamp set, first of all in Antique Linen and then I've stamped the odd one this time with Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress inks. I've also sponged some Antique Linen and Vintage Photo around the edge. I then wiped the inside of the Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug embossing folder with the Vintage Photo ink and embossed some cream card. I sponged some more Antique Linen over the top, I wanted it to look like the main image was standing by a fence. The main image is from the Ollyfants Autumn 2 set and has been stamped with Smokey Grey Versafine then shaded with Pro Markers. The card I used was really thick and the Pro Markers ink was really sucked into it. I quite like the effect as it's not as smooth as normal. I've touched up the face features with a black Faber Castell pen, then sponged some Distress inks round the edge. The football was stamped with black Memento then I used the Distress inks to paint it so it looked shabby, and could have been rolling around in the mud. The leaves are punched from card that I've sponged a mixture of Distress inks onto.
This shows some of the detail, I particularly liked the effect of the Distress ink on the embossed card.
Friday at last and all being well I have some quality time in my craft room tomorrow. I desperately need to do some tidying as I can hardly see the floor let alone my table top ! I suppose I'd better do the token house work effort first thing, then I'm not moving all day !
Thanks for looking.
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabulous, love the image and the autumn colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fab creation of cards Sue! Ive thoroughly enjoyed browsing over the last 10days. Just love your CI stamps, have been spending far too long looking over their selection but have been a bit put off from getting caught with import tax!
    Just LOVE your style, it is just gorgeous!
    Keryn x
    ps, what a beautiful crafty gift you received, such stunning colours and design. What a fine crafting pair you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic,I love the rustic feel to this and such a fab image!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Sue and so much detail.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!