Sunday, 13 September 2009

Twice in one night !


This is my card for the challenge over on The Pink Elephant challenge site. When I first saw the colour combination I couldn't get my head around it. But having had a little craft retail therapy this week end, this came to me in a flash ! The main image is from a set of Inkadinkado stamps and when I saw this bird I just had to have them. I've painted him using Distress inks in Fired Brick, Antique Linen and Scattered Straw. I've cut him out using Nestabilities and sponged some ink around the edge. The swirl stamp is also a new one which is by Crafty Individuals, I'm rather addicted to swirls so when I saw this it flew to my hand quite literally ! I've stamped it in black stazon along with the butterfly which is from the new set of stamps by Katzelkraft called Physalis. I've then sponged the Distress inks around the edge and also swiped black Memento ink over the edge.
We headed back from Surrey today and we thought being as we were so close to the coast we would go to see the sea. So we headed off to Brighton, being the closest place. Little did we know that there has been a motorcycle event all week end and as we got closer we were literally surrounded by motorcycles ! It got quite hairy at one point as they were everywhere so we had to make a drastic maneouvre to get out of the way ! We managed, eventually, to get to the sea and there were even some mad people swimming in it !
Thanks for looking.
Sue

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE this week!!

    Sheri
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Sue, very delicate - love it

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sue - love the bird image.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!