Sunday, 6 September 2009

Wedding Wishes

This card is for a lady at work who gets married this week and I made it so that it would have an aged look using Distress Inks in Antique Linen and Scattered Straw. This also fits with the challenge on A Spoon Full of Sugar and also the Colour Create challenge, which was to use the colours gold, cream, ruby with the option of gems. The hearts are cut out on my Cricut machine and the larger hearts have then been put through my Cuttlebug using the D'vine Swirls embossing folder. I've then used Distress Inks around the edge of both hearts. The backgrounds are both from the Pink Petticoat Sweet Flourishes set. I've used the Distress inks on the backgrounds too so that it dulled the colour a little. I then dug out my Fiskars Shape Boss, which I haven't used in ages, and dry embossed the lines at the corners of the background card. I've used a wine coloured Bazill card to mount the background and the main image onto to give it that vintage feel. The little red gem heart is attached to the ribbon with Glossy Accents.

I actually started this card 3 times yesterday and each one I took apart ! I'm amazed that I've actually managed to finish it ! I think all of the rain we had last week has got to me. Of course now we're home the sun came out today and I've even pegged out my holiday washing ! Don't you just love the British weather !

Thanks for looking
Sue

5 comments:

  1. A lovely card perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very elegant, was worth taking apart and carrying on, your friend will be chuffed to bits with this one

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Sue, so elegant...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, what a beautiful card!!!! THANK YOU for joining us this time at Colour Create Challenge blog..
    hugs, janny

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet!very nice creation Sue, excellent job, well done.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!