Friday, 2 October 2009

18th Birthday !

This card is for my sister to give to her daughter who will be 18 in 2 weeks time. She's absolutely crazy about horses so this stamp was perfect. It also fits with the Secret Crafter challenge of animal antics (though the horse isn't actually doing any thing!) , The Pink Elephant challenge of dots, punch tag and the Basic Grey challenge of embossing. The main image is a Serendipity stamp that I've stamped in black Stazon and then cut out with Labels 8 Nestabilites. I've sponged some Slate Adirondack around the edge. I've embossed the bottom of the card using one of the Cuttlebug embossing folders and also embossed a line top and bottom to frame it. I've then punched holes using my Cropodile and threaded ribbon through it and then added this most gorgeous brad.




You can see the brad better on this shot. The tag was made by printing the word on the PC and then cutting it out with the smallest Labels 8 Nestability. I've sponged some Cranberry then some Slate Adirondack ink around the edge, punched a hole and threaded some ribbon through. The flowers have been punched from the same Basic Grey papers as the background and the leaves are a Martha Stewart punch, that I've run an embossing tool over the back. The numbers have been cut using the Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet.
Glad it's the end of another week, I'm going shopping with my sister tomorrow so no doubt there will be a lovely lunch included !
Thanks for looking
Sue

5 comments:

  1. even though horses scare the beejeebers out of me, this is still a striking card Sue.

    Yey - this time next week I'll be getting ready for our shopping, gossiping and crafting day (())

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image is just soooooooooooooo stunning and what a fabulous card - thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Pink Elephant.
    Hope you'll find time to play with us again next week and good luck with the prize draw.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum been a busy week and not had time to keep up with everyone just checking your blog now and WOW WOW WOW beautiful work and lovely details showing how you did it. Just love seeing all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You niece will absolutely love this Sue it is fabulous. Love all the extra special details you've added.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!