Tuesday, 6 October 2009

2 down 2 to go !

This is the second card I've made for my niece's 18th birthday next week. Just need to make 2 more ! Still with the horse theme, I'd fogotten I'd got this stamp I bought it years ago and I think I've only used it once. So this card also fits with the Passion for ProMarkers challenge which is to use any colours but to stick to the recipe of 3 shapes, 2 papers and 1 ribbon. I'm also putting it into the challenges for the Creative Card Crew and Secret Crafter as they are both 'Celebration'. I stamped the main image, which is a Penny Black stamp, with black Memento ink then shaded it with Faber Castell pens and Pro Markers. I wanted the horse to look dappled so left gaps in the shading. I think it worked quite well ! I then cut it out with Labels 5 Nestabilities and sponged some Shabby Shutters Distress ink around the edge. The papers are both Basic Grey and I've used a Fiskars edge punch on one of the papers and the Bazill card. I've used a corner stamp with Sandal Adirondack ink to give a watermark effect in the corners. The 2 corner dies are from a Cuttlebug set and I've coloured the pearls with a peel off pen. The numbers were cut using my Cricut and mounted onto white card cut out with a circle Nestability and Shabby Shutters has been sponged around the edge.


I think the colours are slightly better on this photo, still not as good as the real thing !
Well it's absolutely pouring it down outside so it's quite nice being inside listening to it. I just hope it stops before I have to venture out in it tomorrow. I've got a very hot nose at the moment so I've got everything crossed I'm not getting the 'lurgy' that everyone at work seems to be catching. Fingers crossed !
Thanks for looking.
Sue

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sue. Your colouring is fantastic and I'm sure your neice will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, and such a cute image.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card Sue - such a cute image too. Great shading.

    Oh purlease don't be getting the lurgy, we've got some serious gossiping and shopping to do on Saturday. Dose yourself up quick sharp!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card Sue, I love the image, that horse is sooo cute!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, what a cute card. Love the horse image and your colouring is awesome (love the dabbled look lol). The papers are some of my faves and the layout is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous

    thanks for joining us in our blogoversary week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fabulous how clever to think of the dapples. looks great one very lucky 18 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful card for your niece - she is one very lucky girl.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is stunning your colouring of the fab image is perfection and such a great layout. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love the papers and image you've used. Thanks for playing along at CCC this week.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card for our birthday celebrations this week :) thank you so much for playing along with us at SCSC :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, love the cute PB image and great colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fabulous card Sue. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card Sue, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. fab card Sue, the PB ponies always remind me of the Thelwell books
    thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Sue, beautiful card, I love this pb image and you've coloured it perfectly. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge.Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's one terrific card, Sue. Such a cute Penny Black image and you have done a fab job coloring it! You've really loaded it up with so many wonderful details. I'm sure your niece is going to love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the CCC this week and hope to see you back again next week!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!