Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Autumn colours

This is my card for 2 challenges; C.R.A.F.T challenge had a fab sketch and the One Stop Craft challenge is Autumn Inspiration. I started by using my brayer with Antique Linen Distress ink and then using Rust Adirondack. I screwed up a piece of paper then rolled my brayer over it with the Rust ink. This gave a mottled finish to the card, then I stamped the main image, which is from a Katzelkraft stamp set, with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I cut it out using a circle Nestability. The papers are all Basic Grey and I stamped a Crafty Individuals swirl onto the base paper with Brilliance Ivy ink. The sentiment is from a Serendipity set of stamps which I've stamped in Pesto Adirondack and then swiped some Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress ink around the edge.



When I'd assembled the card I then added some gold stickles to the branches of the tree. The lighting tonight seems to be really poor as the colours are so washed out, and my efforts to change that only made things worse !

My 'lurgy' feelings seem to have disappeared, so I'm not saying that too loudly as you know what will happen !
Thanks for looking
Sue

6 comments:

  1. A fab card, I love that tree. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great ard Sue, I like the way you've used the ribbons as that part of the sketch, really unusual.

    Yes I'm getting frustrated with the light too.

    2 days to go................

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks absolutely stunning as it is but bet it's lush "in real life".

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely Sue, the papers work so well and the image is fab. Love the sentiment too,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous colours, its stunning!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!