Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Autumn it is !

This is my card for 4 challenges all connected with Autumn. The leaves on the trees are really beautful colours now and the colours I've used tonight are as a result of their inspiration. So onto the challenges, they are as follows:

I started by inking some card with Adirondack Rust and then sanding the card to age it and also lighten the ink. I then stamped a leaf image over it with the same ink. It doesn't show up too well on the photo but it looks almost like a watermark. The embossed pieces are white card that has been put through the Cuttlebug using the Victoria embossing folder then I've inked it with Adirondack Sandal. The image is from the Ollyfant Autumn 2 set and I've stamped her in black Memento ink and shaded her mostly with my new Pro Markers. The new colours are absolutely gorgeous ! I've then cut her out using Nestabilities 8 and mounted her onto Basic Grey paper. The sentiment is stamped with Adirondack Rust and cut out with Nestabilities 8 and I've swiped some Rust ink around the edge. The flowers are courtesy of my friend Vic who spent the day with me on Saturday and brought over some of her Sizzix dies, so apologies I don't know what the die is called. The buttons are from a mega bag I picked up from the new craft shop in the village.





I've also sprayed fold Glimmer Mist over the top to give a shimmer but unfortunately it hasn't shown up at all on the photo, so you'll just have to take my word for it !
It's been a lovely Autumn day today and I was really wishing I could have been out walking rather than stuck at work. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for some fine weather at the week end!
Thanks for looking
Sue

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sue, I love the buttons in the flowers! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT and good luck!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the flowers & the embossing. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at TPE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Sue, fab card, super colouring
    thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely Autumn card. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sue, great techniques, the end product is fantastic, thank you so much for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week, good luck in the draw.
    Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab Sue, looks great, glad you're enjoying your new goodies.

    Can you do me a quaver and keep your eye out for some more buttons? I can always pop up to the office and pick them off / give you the pennies and collect me tea bags at the same time!

    Vic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card - thanks for sharing it with us at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, what a pretty card. Love the image and your colouring is fab. Great colour scheme and the embellishments are perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Sue. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous autumnal card Sue - love the image and those flowers and buttons are just beautiful. You'll have to get to know off Vic what the flower die is - I love it!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. very sweet

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous.
    Hope you enjoyed playing in our Autumn themed challenge this week. Good luck in the draw for the prize from Wild Flower Kids rubber stamps.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, love the sweet image and beautiful colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving this card Sue, cute image.

    Thanks for playing along at Passion for Promarkers.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!