Saturday, 17 October 2009

Back in time !


This is the sketch over on Crazy 4 Challenges. I've adapted it ever so slightly so I do hope I'm forgiven ! I've also tied this card in with 3 other challenges - Secret Crafter, which is to 'Dig Deep' and use a stamp from the bottom of your stamp drawer; Creative Card Crew wanted you to use Scallops and Our Creative Corner set a wonderful colour challenge, which I have to say is right up my street !



The main image and the background stamps are from a set of Rubbadubbado stamps that I bought several years ago. They were in the half price basket and I've used them so much over the years. I stamped the flower pot with black Memento ink onto a cream Bazill card then shaded it with Pro Markers ( the new colours are really coming in to their own!). I've cut it out using circle Nestabilites and then mounted it onto a scalloped Nestability circle which I've pierced all the way around the edge. I've distressed the edges of the card layers with my scissors. The background stamp has been stamped with Versamagic chalk ink and I've also sponged some of the same ink around the edge.



The ribbon is also an off white colour which I've stamped with the same background stamp and the same Versamagic chalk ink. I wasn't sure if it would work but it's taken really well and hasn't smudged at all ! As always the photo's are not true to life which is a real shame as this colour combination looks gorgeous together, even though I say so myself !
Well last night was the meal for my niece's 18th birthday. She loved her cards as well as the little bag I'd made, especially as it was filled with hand made chocolates ! The album was a huge hit too so all my hard work paid off. I definitely feel old though, looking at all of my nieces together dressed up ready to hit the town..... I was looking forward to a cup of tea and getting into my dressing gown !
Thanks for looking
Sue


17 comments:

  1. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sue and I love the colours you've used. Bet you're glad you 'dug' this stamp out again - I don't think I'd let it get back to the bottom of the drawer again!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty card, thanks for playing our C4C sketch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sue, so elegant. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful - I love your image and I'm so glad that you loved the colors - I did, too! Thanks so much for joining in the OCC color challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and colours.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely Sue, can't remember seeing you use this stamp before either!

    Glad you enjoyed last night and that the scrap book was a hit too.

    Vic
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card Sue I love that stamp and your colouring is beautiful thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very pretty! I love the neat clean lines of this card! You do awesome work!

    Thanks for playing with us at the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - so pretty! Love the subtle background and the text on the ribbon. And, of course, the lovely stamped image :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how lovely! Your coloring is exquisite. I really like the sage and hunter together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue, this is terrific! Love your take on the OCC color challenge (those colors are starting to grown on me) and great job on the CCC scallops challenge too! So happy to see you participating in both of these great challenges.

    Thanks also for the nice compliments you have been leaving on my blog. I sincerely appreciate the encouragement!

    Blessings & hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, love the elegance of the colours and ribbon.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!